If you are looking for solution to How to secure a sliding glass patio door, then you are at right place. Most have a simple latch to lock the sliding glass patio door. Whenever an intruder comes, this latch vibrates and open. So if you have a sliding glass patio door, then you have to use further measures to keep your house protected from break in. There are many ways to secure a sliding glass patio door. You can buy a metal bars from market to secure the door which can be put on the bottom and helps in preventing the door from being open by sliding. Sometimes these products are very expensive or you can DIY and make your own sliding glass patio door security bar out of PVC pipe. Please check below instructions for How to cheaply and quickly Secure A Sliding Glass Patio Door.
If you have a sliding glass patio door in your home or at backyard, then it is better option to use of more security by adding a security bar which will help protect you by preventing future break ins or robbery. You can buy these security bars from online or from your local shop. But the only downside is the cost involved. sometimes they can cost up to 50 dollars each. And the more doors you have the more costly it becomes. So below we have given the steps for cheap way to Secure A Sliding Glass Patio Door.
So if you are searching for a simple, fast and cheap way to protect and secure sliding glass door, then one of the best option is to use a PVC pipe or a wooden dowel on the track of door so that sliding patio door is not able to slid open easily. So let us look at the steps n how to do it.
What you will need to Secure A Sliding Glass Patio Door Cheap and Fast
- A measuring Tape.
- A PVC pipe in good condition.
- Gloves for protection.
- Helmet (may not be needed).
How To Secure A Sliding Glass Patio Door Cheap and Fast
- Take the measuring tape and use it to measure the length of sliding glass door bottom track.
- take note of depth and width of the track of sliding glass patio door.
- Now buy a already cut PVC pipe from your local shop or buy it online. Please check that the length of PVC pipe is longer than the length of track you required.
- Also make sure that the diameter of the PVC pipe is enough so that it can be fit perfectly in the track of sliding glass patio door.
- Normally a 1/2 inch PVC pipe is suitable for most of the sliding glass door tracks. If required you can also buy a thicker one as well.
- Please put on the working gloves for protection and cut the PVC pipe to exact length of sliding door.
- Once you have cut the PVC pipe to exact length, please put it on the tracks of sliding glass patio door.
- Make sure that the PVC pipe is perfectly fit and is laying straight and is tight on the track of sliding door.
- Use it whenever you go on vacation or go outside.
The above method is one of the cheapest and fastest method to Secure A Sliding Glass Patio Door.
Others way to add protection to sliding glass patio doors
- By adding Alarm to door.
- By Adding Security sticker.
- Use of drapes so the intruders are unable to see what is inside the home.
- Use of dark widow film on glass.
We hope that by using our measures you will be able to Secure A Sliding Glass Patio Door Cheap and Fast. Please let us know in comments for any question.